NAME OF PROGRAM: New Life
PRESENTER: Kimberly Kramar
TOPIC: Don’t be discouraged!
PROGRAM # 2
Live transmission: Monday, March 6, 2017
Time: Miami 7:00pm / Mexico 18:00pm / Colombia 19:00pm / Argentina 22:00hrs / Europe 1:00am
SPECIAL GUESTS: Music ministry - Rogelio Casasola, Kiki Troia, Cristy Villaseñor and MaryCarmen Barría
Purpose of message:
We will learn to give thanks to God at all times and in a genuine way, an Action that will allow us to be permanently in the presence of God, enjoying the sublime experience of His Grace.
We will see how a grateful heart - not only in times of blessing but also in times of trial, crisis, anguish, pain and desolation - will produce abundant fruits for the Glory of God and will pay the way we have decided to go to the unceasing pursuit of Holiness.
Josh 1, 9 Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
What is discouragement?
Discouragement is the loss of desire to do something, hope to get it; is the absence of encouragement or discouragement to continue a task. He discouragement is can appreciate in the reluctance, in the decay of a person that not has it force enough for live in harmony, already is because presents any disease clinical that you generate weakness or because to level psychological can be feeding its despondency, his low self-esteem, or avoiding manifest some disabilities for face it life, as the doubt and the indecision that you prevent advance , dare you; discouragement can hide a fear of being wrong, lead a student to change career, to the resignation of a worker, and for an extended time, the depression which manifests itself in the loss of consciousness, lack of love for family and household activities or the environment where previously unfolded strongly. Discouragement is the lack of illusion, motivation to continue, which could unfortunately lead to suicide.
Ps 27, 14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.
Biblical examples of discouragement:
· Moses: Num 11, 13 – 15 Where am I to get meat to give to all this people? For they weep before me, saying, ‘Give us meat that we may eat!’ I alone am not able to carry all this people, because it is too burdensome for me. So if You are going to deal thus with me, please kill me at once, if I have found favor in Your sight, and do not let me see my wretchedness.”
· Joshua: Josh 7, 7 – 8 Joshua said, “Alas, O Lord God, why did You ever bring this people over the Jordan, only to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us? If only we had been willing to dwell beyond the Jordan! O Lord, what can I say since Israel has turned their back before their enemies?
· Elias: 1 Kgs 19, 4 – 5 But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree; and he requested for himself that he might die, and said, “It is enough; now, O Lord, take my life, for I am not better than my fathers.” He lay down and slept under a juniper tree; and behold, there was an angel touching him, and he said to him, “Arise, eat.”
· Job: Job 10, 1 “I loathe my own life; I will give full vent to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.
· Jeremiah: Jer 15, 10 Woe to me, my mother, that you have borne me as a man of strife and a man of contention to all the land! I have not lent, nor have men lent money to me, yet everyone curses me.
· The disciples on the road to Emmaus: Luke 24, 13 – 35
What are the causes of discouragement? What or who?
· Erroneous or false expectations
· Something or someone has taken away your spirits or courage
· Insecurity or lack of self-esteem
· Physiological reasons: lack of good nutrition, hydration, hormonal causes, diseases, medications, etc.
· Stress and tiredness
· Charge responsabilities alone… and not incorporate God
· Psychological reasons…
· Spiritual reasons: possession, oppression, witchcraft, etc.
The reason for suffering:
John 16, 33 I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world."
2 Cor 1, 4 Who encourages us in our every affliction, so that we may be able to encourage those who are in any affliction with the encouragement with which we ourselves are encouraged by God.
1 Cor 15, 58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be firm, steadfast, always fully devoted to the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
1 Pet 5, 10 - 11 The God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.
Rom 8, 18 I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us.
• How to prevent discouragement?
How can get out of discouragement?
• Have absolute confidence in God
• Keep your eyes on Jesus - live in grace
• Personal and community prayer (Eccl 4, 12)
• The action of the Holy Spirit (Rom 5, 15; 13)
• Recovering hope: knowing that the future is in the hands of God, that circumstances change and that God allows everything for good (Rom 8, 28)
Discouragement: attack of the enemy
Eph 6, 10-12 Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.
How to combat discouragement in the service?
• Unity, help and love in the community:
1 Tesh 5, 11 Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up, as indeed you do.
Rom 15, 2 Let each of us please our neighbor for the good, for building up.
Heb 10, 24 We must consider how to rouse one another to love and good works…
Gal 6, 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Do not be discouraged…
God has control!
Ps 121 I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord; Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day. Nor the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all evil; he will keep your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever.
Closing prayer: 1 Cor 15, 58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be firm, steadfast, always fully devoted to the word of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.