Name of program: New Life
Presenter: Kimberly Kramar
Topic: The spiritual battle in the family
Program # 5
Live transmission: 2017
Time: Miami 7:00pm / Mexico 18:00pm / Colombia 19:00pm / Argentina 22:00hrs / Europe 1:00am
Special Guests: Music ministry - MaryCarmen Barría, Cristy Villaseñor, Margarita Araux, Kiki Troia and Rogelio Casasola
Purpose of message:
Through this theme we will realize that the Family of God is in a constant spiritual battle.
We will recognize the damage that sin does in the family and its consequences in each member of the family.
We will learn to identify our enemies ... and prepare for the spiritual battle.
We will conclude in the Truth... Christ has won this battle and shares his victory. We will learn to live and pray from the Victory of Jesus Christ, our Lord.
The family in God’s plan
Gen 2, 21 – 25 So the Lord God cast a deep sleep on the man, and while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. The Lord God then built the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman. When he brought her to the man, the man said: “This one, at last, is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one shall be called ‘woman,’ for out of man this one has been taken.” That is why a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife, and the two of them become one body. The man and his wife were both naked, yet they felt no shame.
• Marriage was created by God: a man and a woman united in the sacrament of matrimony
• Marriage in modern society
• Infidelity and its consequences
• Common problems in marriages today: loss of trust and communication, money, sex, violence, indifference, wrong priorities, lack of God.
• Divorce and separation, and family allowances
• The children and the unit of the parents of family
The effect of sin on the family:
• Example of the sin of Adam and Eve in their children: Cain and Abel
Gen 4, 8 – 10 Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let us go out in the field.” When they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him. Then the Lord asked Cain, Where is your brother Abel? He answered, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?” God then said: What have you done? Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground!
• Sin and its consequences
• Family secrets
• The blood screams for justice
• The relationship between justice and God's mercy
¿Cómo romper la cadena de maldición en las familias?
Is 53, 5 But he was pierced for our sins, crushed for our iniquity. He bore the punishment that makes us whole, by his wounds we were healed.
• Only in Christ will we find the deliverance of all the curses of sin.
Acts 16, 30 – 31 Then he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"31And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you and your household will be saved."
• Salvation is personal and also for the whole family
The dysfunctional family and its consequences:
Mk 3, 25 – 27 And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand; that is the end of him. But no one can enter a strong man's house to plunder his property unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can plunder his house.
How to understand the Spiritual Battle in the Family?
Rom 13, 11 – 14 And do this because you know the time; it is the hour now for you to awake from sleep. For our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed; the night is advanced, the day is at hand. Let us then throw off the works of darkness [and] put on the armor of light; let us conduct ourselves properly as in the day, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in promiscuity and licentiousness, not in rivalry and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the desires of the flesh.
• Awaken from the dream: recognize reality, dreams and fantasies, repressions, denials
• What it means: revitalice (Armor of God: Eph 6, 10-20)
• Can hazards for the family be ignored?
• Take on the battle from the perspective of Victory in Christ
• Understanding God's plan to allow battles in the family
1 Thess 5, 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.
• The dangers of distractions
• The dangers of pornography
• The dangers of substances: alcohol, drugs, etc.
• The dangers of fantasies: internet, etc.
• The dangers of false friendships
The Importance of Discernment
For the Spiritual Battle
• Is the battle a consequence of my actions?
• Is there something I can and should I change?
• Discernment in community
1 Thess 5, 21 Test everything; retain what is good.
Who is our enemy?
Matt 16, 22 – 23 Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, "God forbid, Lord! No such thing shall ever happen to you." He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are an obstacle to me. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do."
• Our main enemy: Satan and the forces of evil
• Others in the past: grudges, resentments,
• Others in the present: Satan deals with the weaknesses of those closest to Christians to try to make them fall into temptation, to hurt them (eg Peter)
• Fear of others in the future: complexes, barriers, etc.
Jn 10, 10 A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy; I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.
• Satan is a thief: come to steal your dreams, your peace, your possessions, your family, your marriage, your children
• Satan comes to kill
• Satan comes to destroy
Matt 2, 13 "Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him."
• When Satan can not destroy the servants of God, he goes against his children with the intention of killing them.
Eph 6, 10 – 13 Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens. Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground.
Escrituras para el desarrollo del tema:
How to resist?
• Stand firm
• Weapons for battle
• Persevering prayer
• Stay away from evil
• Stay completely united to Jesus
• The importance of staying in Grace: What does grace mean?
Eph 6, 14 – 17 So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all [the] flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
• The power of the Holy Spirit
• The power of the word
2 Cor 6, 6 – 7 By purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, in a holy spirit, in unfeigned love, in truthful speech, in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness at the right and at the left
How to pray in the power of the Word?
Matt 4, 7 – 11 Jesus answered him, "Again it is written, 'You shall not put the Lord, your God, to the test.'" Then the devil took him up to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence, and he said to him, "All these I shall give to you, if you will prostrate yourself and worship me. "At this, Jesus said to him, "Get away, Satan! It is written: 'The Lord, your God, shall you worship and him alone shall you serve.'" Then the devil left him and, behold, angels came and ministered to him.
The Power of Intercession in the Spiritual Battle:
Eph 6, 18 With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit. To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication for all the holy ones
• Persistence in prayer
• Effective prayer
• The negative sentence
• When to pray and when to act
• How to intercede for family members?
• The Intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the recitation of the Holy Rosary in family
• Prayer in the Spirit
Rom 12, 21 Do not be conquered by evil but conquer evil with good.
Jesus Christ, our Victor:
Jn 16, 33 I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world."
• How to take the authority that is ours in Jesus Christ?
"One word is enough to heal me" (Matt 8, 5 – 10)
Matt 8, 25 – 26 They came and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We are perishing!" He said to them, "Why are you terrified, O you of little faith?" Then he got up, rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was great calm.
Our authority and power in Jesus Christ:
Matt 28, 18 – 20 Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."